As a customer-orientated business, we aim to provide you with a service that exceeds your every expectation. If your question is not answered below, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to provide all the answers you need before we buy your scrap car.

Customer Questions:

How long does it take to remove my car?
Usually, it takes between 5 - 10 minutes to assess your car, load it onto our recovery vehicle, and take care of the paper work. It may take longer depending on the location of your car and how difficult it is to remove.

Do I need to be present when you arrive?
Someone will need to be present in order for us to complete the paperwork and to also take a copy of the Photo I.D / Utility Bill.

What do I do with the log book/v5 registration document for my scrapped car?
All you need to do is detach one small section of the log book, sign it and send it off to the DVLA (the address is on the back). If you need to ask any questions, you can ask our drivers who will be happy to help you. Or give us a call and we’ll provide you with all the information and advice you need.

What if I do not have a log book/V5 document?
Don’t worry, it’s not a problem. You'll need to notify DVLA in writing that you have disposed of your vehicle with us. A 'Certificate of Destruction' will also be issued.

Do you inform the DVLA?
We take your vehicle to our Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF) where its then recycled. Your car is then de-registered with the DVLA and a Certificate of Destruction issued.

Do I have to inform the DVLA?
Our driver will leave section 9 of the V5C (log book) with you. You need to sign this and send off to the DVLA.

How do I declare my car is off the road (SORN)?
You can also complete a SORN online, in the post office, or via telephone. If you are unsure about completing a SORN, ask one of our drivers who will be more than happy to help you. If there's any remaining tax left on the vehicle then you will automatically receive a refund from DVLA when the section 9 is sent off or a COD issued.

How do I receive payment for my car?
Methods of payments for buying scrap vehicles are either a cheque payment on collection or a direct bank transfer.

We can no longer pay cash under the requirements of the Scrap Metal Dealers Act.

What is a Waste Carriers License?
A Waste Carriers License (WCL) is a license from the Environmental Agency. Anyone who carries waste has to have a WCL by law. All of our drivers have valid and up-to-date WCLs.

What if I have lost the keys to my car?
Just leave it to us – We'll always do our best when collecting any vehicle. If the vehicle is accessible then we'll collect it!

What is an ELV?
ELV stands for ‘End of Life Vehicle’. That means it is a vehicle that has reached the end of its life naturally.

What do I do with previous history for the car?
Any previous history can be left in the glove box or kept with the V5 document.

  • Visit our eBay Shop

    Our range of tyres, gearboxes, panels, radiators, seats, mirrors, engines, wipers and much, much more can be seen in our eBay shop. Our online reputation is forever growing and we work closely with a number of major online retailers to promote our products and services. 
  • Part Worn Tyres For Sale

    We specialize in the supply of tyres and wheels. This offers our customers a cost effective alternative to new parts whilst helping the environment. 
  • Gavin Murray Racing

     Gavin Murray will be aiming to become the 2019 World Champion. 

    Gavin Murray Racing